Wednesday, 26 April 2017

Don't stash your Stash series "Lubbock High School" layout (26.04.2017)

Good evening bloggers

Here is another layout for my Don't stash your Stash series. This layout incorporates many of my favourite elements of my personal scrapbooking style.


It's a clean grid style layout, my signature style. Other than bright and bold, the only other style I really like is a vintage/1950s colour scheme and this is shown here.

Of course, everything came from my stash and there are six elements that would not be intended for scrapbooking. Even I wouldn't have thought that I could incorporate that many into one layout!!

I do like a simple layout with the photo and/or title telling the story and don't always include separate journalling as is the case here.

The two 12x12 background sheets are Coredinations. I've added some card ephemera, a Kraft banner, punched stars, Tim Holtz letter stickers, AC Thickers and gems.

The six non scrapbooking items are the vintage postcard, book pages, gingham jam pot covers, doilies, badges and "glasses" brooch.

I originally purchased four of those "glasses" brooches from a jewellery shop with the absolute intention of using them on Buddy Holly layouts! I've had them for many years and three are now on layouts and the fourth is in my jewellery box!!

HELEN'S CRAFTY TIP: Don't forget to look in your scraps box for suitable paper and card when starting a new project. Once you've cut into that scrap don't put it back again. After all, it's been put in there once anyway. Grab your favourite punches or dies and use it up straightaway. I like to punch tags, small circles, stars and hearts.

Thanks for looking.

Helen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment