Friday, 31 March 2017

Don't stash your Stash series "The Twist Kid" layout (31.03.2017)

Good morning bloggers

Another layout in my series and this time I've brought out the big guns!

There are certain layouts that create much emotion and this is one of those layouts for me! Music is very important in my life and, in particular, the music of Billy Fury. This photo was taken in the City of Liverpool, the birthplace of Billy, and it's where he's remembered with this statue in his honour.


The hard to use item on this layout is the 12x12 background card from the 2009 DCWV The Mod-Retro Stack. As beautiful as it is, the preprinted wording on this card needed to be relevant to the story. I've finally settled on a photo and story that deserve such a beautiful background card!

I've taken on a recent Shimelle challenge here to make stamping a feature on a layout. I think this Hero Arts Music Star stamp is perfect for adding interest to this layout and making a feature of the blank space.

I've created some layering with my card scraps, some card ephemera and some Project Life cards. I've used my large circle punch to create a little cluster from scraps.

The title has been created using DoCrafts Papermania Persimmon alphabet stickers.

The added texture is wood veneer pieces, an enamel dot and a brad.

I punched out a music note from silver card and I've have added several of those pesky Tim Holtz word stickers.

I've used Dear Lizzy, Amy Tangerine and October Afternoon phrase stamps inked with Distress Ink Dusty Concord and the journalling has been written using the Purple Star Sakura Gelly Roll pen.

HELEN'S CRAFTY TIP: If you are clumsy and impatient like me and get ink on your beautiful layout you can usually find a way to fix this. Look closely at the middle star and you will see that it's been stamped on a different paper and cut out. Its covering a rather large unintentional ink splodge! Try to be more patient than me!

Thanks for looking. If you like what you see why not add my blog to your followed blogs. I'd be glad to have you!

Helen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment